Sunday, August 27, 2006

Fun with Coat Hangers

Coat hangers come in handy sometimes. With a wire cutter you can make some handy items. I made some hooks that hang on the door to the oven and hold a plastic grocery bag for trash.

The rig right now is not quite level and the bathroom door will not stay open when I want it to so I made a door holder that hooks on the railing of the over cab bed platform and holds the door open.

I made some hangers for the stove top cover so that the folding top can be utilized as a small shelf to hold spices. I did not even have to drill any holes as there were already a couple of holes drilled in the stove fan housing which I used with a couple of screws screwed in about half way (not tightened flush). I then made a loop in the hangers that slip over the screws. With a screw driver I widened the gap in each of the front corners of stove cover so that a hanger loop can be inserted to hold up the stove cover to make a shelf. The hangers make a solid shelf that can hold the spices that I will put there when parked. The hangers come off easily when getting ready to move the rig to a new location.

I have received a couple of emails inquiring about how the solar panels are attached to the roof so I am uploading a close up photograph. The solar panels are attached with 6 aluminum brackets that hold the panels about 3 inches off of the aluminum roof. The cables are routed down the refrigerator vent.


At night up here high in the Sierras, the temperature is getting down in the low thirties. So it was pretty cool in the rig this morning and I thought this would be a good time to test the funance and water heater. I'm pleased to report that both are functioning as they are supposed to.

No comments: