Saturday, September 09, 2006

Getting Ready - Part 9

I haven’t been doing much of interest so I haven’t updated this blog recently. I’m really getting anxious to get on the road. No offers on my house yet so we have lowered the price again. I have updated my information on eBay and I currently have five auctions going on in an effort to get rid of stuff that won’t fit in the motor home. My collection of rock and roll memorabilia will fit but I think that now is a good time to sell it since I would hate to loose it if something should happen to the rig on the road. If you are interested, please go to my web site. On the left side, there is a link to my auctions.

I also plan to sell my Honda EX, Honda snow blower and some of my furniture. I will probably hold a garage sale for a couple weekends and then give anything left away or donate it to charity. I am looking forward to getting rid of everything for the freedom of the full timer life style.

I am thinking of getting a motor scooter or small dirt bike that I can hang off the back of the rig. The main problem with this idea is the added weight. Next week I may take a drive to Reno to check out the Honda Ruckus. It would be nice to have the scooter to look for new camping spots, go to town for groceries and to scout the road ahead to make sure the rig can safely go on down the road. I need to make sure there are no low hanging branches which could damage the rig or solar panels.

The weather has generally been beautiful up here in the Sierras but the temperature is getting in to the low thirties at night. I want to get out of here before it starts to snow. I have been sleeping in the rig for at least the last week and only going in the house to use the bathroom or cook.

Here’s hoping I’ll see you on the road (real soon).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I haven’t been doing much of interest so I haven’t updated this Blog recently."

I don't believe this! Good luck with those Ebay sales.

That cooler weather is going to make you hear the beckoning call of Mexico!

John

Gary Schroeder said...

I hear the call but I'm not quite ready to go yet.

A reader emailed me the suggestion that I should bury a St Joseph statue upside down behind the house and get some sage and wander around the house and thank it for all the good times. If it doesn't sell soon, I will consider it.

Anonymous said...

Maybe wear some garlic around your neck???

Anonymous said...

We had the same problem when selling our house in Ontario, Canada. We are full-timers and I don't think people that are looking for a house can realize why a person would sell a perfectly good house to live in an RV. It is only my opinion after doing the same thing, but I think that perspective buyers might think something is wrong with the house when you are living in your RV in the driveway. We know that there is nothing wrong with it, but it must really make the perspective buyer wonder if there is something wrong or not. IMHO
RVcruising-www.cruising-in-our-rv.com

Gary Schroeder said...

I have not thought that the RV would be a problem sitting in the driveway. Maybe you are right about that. I'll ask my realtor what she thinks. My problem is that I may need to move back into the house. I can't afford to just take off and continue to pay the mortgage at the same time. I would need to get roommates as I can't afford to pay the utilities during the winter by myself.