Monday, September 18, 2006

No Bites

Still no bites on the house. We lowered the price once again. My auctions on eBay did not work. I have re-listed them at a lower starting price. I feel like I am experiencing some bad luck or more likely I need to price things more realistically.

If the house doesn’t sell soon, I may have to get some roommates and stay here all winter. I’ve been counting on the proceeds from the sale of the house to finance my RV trips. If I stay, I will need to keep my things to furnish the house. If I leave anyway, I need to get rid of everything. If someone would make an offer on the house, the future would become clearer. I hate the uncertainty of it. I never thought there would be this much trouble selling the house. To cover the situation, I have listed the house for sale on the San Francisco Bay Area craigslist and also offered a six month Ski Lease for the house furnished.

Last Thursday we got a little snow. It got cold and I had to run the furnace in the rig.

I just ordered an Olympian Wave 3 catalytic propane heater and portable hook up kit to install it. It looks like the easiest place to tap into a propane line is at the stove top. I also ordered a water thief and a windup LED flashlight (needs no batteries).

I finally got the final invoice on the PV system. The total cost for the system was almost my exact estimate ($15,000). Chris decided that the system should have a battery temperature sensor for the inverter/charger so I am expecting him today to install it and pick up his check. He already installed a temperature sensor for the charge controller.

Please wish me some good luck and I hope to see you soon On the Road with Gary.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gary,

Enjoy your blog.

Hang in there--good things happen to those who wait...

Richard

Anonymous said...

Hi Gary

Your buyer will come along, it is just really hard to wait for them. We had sold all of our furniture and ended up using an air mattress and lawn furniture for the winter. The realtor and the people looking at the house must have thought it was one strange houseshold. A big class A parked in the driveway along with a couple of cars in the drive and a Model A in the garage, but only camp furniture in the house.

We survived the winter and moved back into the A as soon as we could in the spring. We even celebrated moving back in by going to a campground for the weekend.

All good things come to those who wait. Your turn will come real soon we all hope.

RVcruising - www.cruisin-in-our-rv.com

Anonymous said...

Gary,

Enjoyed your blog on Solar install,
please continue on what you learn as you master the systems.

Also, what is a water thief?

Gary Schroeder said...

Bob,

A water thief is a rubber gadget that allows one to use garden water hose with a faucet that has no threads to connect the hose. It is a rubber sleeve that slips over the facet and provides the threads to connect the hose. They cost about $8 and can come in handy.

Gary