Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Warmer

The weather has been a little warmer here in the Sierras but I'm glad that the rig is hooked up to shore power. Propane has gotten low so I'm using a electric heater in the mornings. The real estate market also seems to be warming up. My agent tells me that now is usually their busiest season. There have still been no offers on the house but there has been an increase in persons touring the house. My house was built in 1980 so some feel it is a bit dated. Also the interior seems a little too dark due to a lot of dark wood for some potential buyers. I need some one to tour the house that appreciates the mountain feel and privacy like I do. Another plus is the large (1/3 acre) corner lot in a good location with level access to the main road.

There has been some interest in the Ski Lease I am offering as a back up solution so I can get out of here and on the road. Several groups of young people who will be working at the ski resorts want the house furnished at $1,500 a month but since I am offering a lease for 6 months (November through April) with a $1000 security deposit for a total of $10,000 up front, no one has that kind of money so far. The seasonal resort workers don't have a very good reputation as tenants. A couple of people will rent a house and then invite 8 or so friends to come and stay with them. I rented the house out one winter to such a group and it ended up costing a lot of money in lost rent, repairs and attorney fees to have them evicted.

Yesterday the Wave 3 catalytic heater, water thief and wind up LED flashlight were delivered. The flashlight is neat. I hope that it is sturdy enough to last some time but it only cost about $12. I am still awaiting the delivery of the portable connection kit for the Wave 3 heater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Warmer here too - but it isn't going to last - we leave in about 15 days for MEXICO - hope to see you there.

John