Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm working on it

Just a short post to let you know that I'm still alive. I will prepare a new post as soon as I can. The last three weeks have been hectic, visiting with family and a seemingly never ending party of beer, tequila, food, Mexican music and sometimes drama. I need a vacation from my son's vacation.

Part of the problem is major computer problems. I had to move my rig to make room for piles of sand, dirt and gravel for the house construction so I didn't have an internet connection. Then I dropped my Vaio on the concrete floor. It works in a flakey manner but I'm getting RAID errors, some programs don't run and I can not run chkdsk. My back up computer, my old desk top is having problems too, probably from the topes and rough roads I have been traveling on. The video card may have gone bad (a new top of the line ATI) because I get no image but the small monitor works with the lap top. So I have thousands of dollars in computer equipment now that is not working as it should be.

The theme of this blog originally was to be about my travels as a full timer in an RV. I am still living in the rig but it is now parked in front of my son's new house in Armeria. My son, Marc, Denise, Catalina and Keone returned to California on a Sunday flight from Manzanillo. I am once again the only gringo in Armeria. So I'm thinking of putting this blog on hold for a while and starting a new blog about a Stranger in Mexico.

No comments: