Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Fiesta

Saturday night we went to Melanie’s Restaurant for dinner and dancing. I had Veal Milanese which was good. Another good thing about Mexico is you can still find veal on the menu. In the US everybody is so damn PC you can hardly find veal anymore. You also don’t need to wear a helmet on a motorcycle. Viva La Mexico!

Sunday was Turkey Day at Brian and Ursula’s home in San Juan Cosala and a good meal was had by all who attended. The bird had good flavor but was a little tough. I guess we should have gotten it drunk.

Monday was a Fiesta day. I’m not quite sure which one it was. Monday I think is the Fiesta for the patron saint of Ajijic and the rest of the week is Fiesta for the Mexican Revolution. I hear there will be events for about 10 days. I had a couple of Margaritas in El Caja Musical (The Music Box) a bar located right on the town square. The bar is mainly a Mexican bar and I ran into some of the Mexicans I’ve met in town.



Ajijic town square iron work


Dog wears a skirt



Dancing horses as the band plays for Fiesta


Ron and daughter Karen at Tom's Bar


El Boracho dances for the cowboys



The Thing's new speakers protected by custom iron



Glenn playing with Noe and The Classics


Maria and Kas dance to Noe and The Classics



Yolanda and Claire




Melanie's Bar and Restaurant in the Hotel Danza del Sol


Our table at Melanie's


Hotel Danza del Sol pool






3 comments:

Don said...

So did you tell all your friends that they were going to be famous internet stars? Looks & sounds like a good time. Viva Mexico!

Gary Schroeder said...

A couple of days ago, I was at Salvador's and a couple guys walked up and asked if I was the guy doing the blog. This was the first time something like that had happened. So I guess the blog is being read.

Unknown said...

Great pictures...wish I were there...instead of here in Montreal, Canada where temps right now are 19 degrees. I still use the RV though.
All the best,
Ken
www.khudson.com/blog