Saturday, October 14, 2006

North of the Border

My sleep was not disturbed and I got up early to continue the trip south. I stopped for a breakfast of coffee, refried beans, potatoes, scrambled egg, tortillas and a pork chop. It was good and cost only $4.75 at Olga’s Kitchen. It rained quite heavily north of Brownsville. When I got to Brownsville around noon, I stopped and got some copies made of my passport, driver’s license, registration and title to the rig. I made some phone calls and found out about Baker's RV Parts & Park at 4761 Boca Chica Blvd., Brownsville, TX 78521. There I was able to purchase the valve and parts I needed to fix the grey water tank. The kind owner, Larry helped me install the parts. I asked him if he knew anyone who could install the propane heater. I called the fellow that he told me about and made an appointment for the installation Saturday morning at Baker's RV Parts & Park so I paid for a space here to stay the night.

There has been a misunderstanding between myself and John Calypso. I am not familiar with the east coast of Mexico and I speak very little Spanish. I have traveled half way across the United States in anticipation that John could help me make it down to the state of Veracruz. I hope that the problem can be resolved and we can continue our planned trip south of the border.

I am now waiting in the RV Park for the installation of the heater.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gary, can you take pictures of the heater installation? I would like to attempt that project myself.

Jim K

Anonymous said...

Hey Gary,

U sound a little down. Don't be!!! I am living through u...so be kind to my dream!
Best of luck to get these problems behind u...we are praying for you.

Have fun!
C

Gary Schroeder said...

The heater installation was very easy. In my rig there was already a "T" installed with a cap on it in a closet under the sink. The installer provided a reduction fitting and then connected one part of the quick connect fitting. He then drilled a hole in the cabinet below the door which the quick connect fitting on the hose to the portable heater can be snaked through the hole and connected.