Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuxpan Beach

Last night after leaving the beach, I returned to the same spot on the bay that the previous night I had been undisturbed except for a few mosquitos which had entered the rig through an unscreened window that I forgot to close. I hope there are no mosquitos with malaria this far north. I was sitting in the rig listening to a local radio station when a couple of police arrived. Through sign language I figured out that they were telling me that I could not park there so I moved back to the beach where I was undisturbed the rest of the night.

When I was going through Utah, on a whim I bought some home made sausage. It was the best sausage I have had in years. So for the last two mornings, I have fixed myself sausage, eggs, hashbrowns and coffee while parked on the beach. Today setting up the satellite dish was much easier. Since my GPS coordinates are the same and I knew what direction to point the dish, It only took me about 20 minutes to get on line.

It is true that I should have been much better prepared for this trip. I should have gotten paper maps of Mexico and I should have learned more Spanish. I have been trying to learn Spanish by listening and using the Pimsler Spanish audio book on the Vaio while driving down the road. Just prior to leaving on this trip things got very hectic with negotiating the real estate transaction and getting the rig ready. I wanted to get to Colorado to meet John before he left and follow him to Mexico. I thought he would be available to show me where to get maps and pesos. As long as the rig holds up and I don't land in jail, I think I'll be okay. Thanks to the readers who commented which maps to get and where to get them.

This may be my last day here at this beach. Since I have had one run in with the police, I don't want to push my luck.

1 comment:

squire said...

About you and John, just remember "oil and water" are each nice in their on right but don't mix.